Solar Panels In Arizona
Known as the Grand Canyon State, Arizona has more sunny days than any other state in the country. Homeowners in Arizona can capitalize on the seemingly endless days of sunshine and increase their home’s value by roughly 3-4 percent when they make the switch to solar.
How Much Can I Save?
Making the switch to solar means taking the steps to a cleaner, price-protected energy that can help lower your monthly utility bills. Homeowners can save up to $1,250 their first year the first and about $25,000 for the lifetime of your panels.
- Many see an electricity bill offset up to 60% percent
- The average monthly electricity bill in Arizona is around $128
- With the Investment Tax Credit (ITC), you can reduce the cost of your PV solar energy system by 26 percent
How it Works
You’ve probably seen solar panels popping up more around your neighborhood and wondered about how it all works. Luckily, making the switch to solar and understanding how solar energy powers your home is simple.
When sunlight hits the photovoltaic (PV) panels, electrons become excited, creating a direct current (DC) of electricity. This current is fed into an inverter, which converts DC electricity into alternating current (AC) electricity so it can be used by appliances in your home.
Claiming the ITC is easy. All you need to do is complete IRS Form 5695, “Residential Energy Credits,” and include the final result of that form on IRS Schedule 3/Form 1040.
The ITC is a 26 percent tax credit for solar systems on residential and commercial properties. The residential and commercial solar ITC has helped the U.S. solar industry grow by more than 10,000% percent since it was implemented in 2006, with an average annual growth of 50% over the last decade alone. Most recently, congress has passed a two year delay of the ITC phasedown in 2020 allowing more homeowners to be eligible.
The sunniest state in country is currently ranked number five as of 2021, which is huge as it was only listed as number eight in 2020. With solar business booming in Arizona, this has created more than 7,000 jobs and the state has invested more than $13 billion dollars into solar.
Momentum Solar is in Arizona
Momentum Solar is known for its’ “no-strings-attached” offering — homeowners can go solar for no money out of pocket and pay a lower electric bill. Roof repairs or replacement are offered wholesale for homes that are being prepped for installation, and complimentary tree removal is offered for qualifying homes. No-obligation consultations are free and important to offer in the Silver State that is continually experiencing stress on the power grid.
With a newly launched office in Phoenix, Momentum Solar is committed to helping homeowners convert to clean, solar energy. We provide guidance at every step in the process, which includes helping you determine the best way to finance your system. In Arizona, three options are available to you:
- Pay upfront for your system: If you are able to, paying for your system outright offers substantial savings over time.
- Take out a loan: Many homeowners don’t have enough money to pay for their system outright, but taking out a loan allows them go solar sooner. There are several types of loans available and we can help you find the best one for your financial situation. With a loan, you’ll be able to get a solar system installed on your property for $0 down so you can start experiencing cost savings sooner. Once the loan is paid off, you’ll own your system.
Find Out if Switching to Solar is Right for You
Call 1 (888) MOMENTUM now to get your no-obligation, free quote